Friday, August 24, 2007

My Applecart Turned Upside Down

A few months ago, I found out something that was a relief and a shock. It had been going on for years, and I, like many of you, tried to fix it, without knowing what I was trying to fix.

I am the spouse of someone who has a drinking problem. And this is my diary. I hope you find it useful and practical. I hope you can relate to the frustation. I hope this more than anything becomes a message of hope, encouragement, and most of all, a message that allows you to focus on you, and not the problem.

I will tell you the entire story. I will tell you about me, only to provide some credibility, in that I am not an expert, but that I have the experience, and perhaps because of my background, and because of my study, and because of my analysis, I can help you put somethings into perspective.

I can tell you straight up, that I am a working professional. I am twice bitten. My father was an alcoholic and I lived in a chaotic world. I got out of it. I achieved what I think is great success. I am a self-made person - with a great past career and a great future career. I am mentally healthy, I am physically healthy, and I am very fortunate. So too are my brothers and sister.

I ask that you try not to find out who I am. My family is of greatest importance to me. And that is why I ask you to leave me anonymous.

No comments: