Friday, December 21, 2007

Codependence - The Serenity Prayer (the entire prayer)

I am posting the serenity prayer, in it's entirety for all of us to read, repeat aloud, and give us ALL the solice and comfort we need during these holidays.

The past few nights I have awoken at 2:30 AM and sat repeating several prayers.

I hope this holiday brings all readers joy and peace.


The Serenity Prayer
God grant me
the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with
Him forever in the next.

Amen.

The second verse may not be familiar to all. I certainly have not seen or heard it before.

The following comments come from a church in the UK about this prayer.

Pointers for Prayer : The ability to accept things that we may not like, courage and wisdom are three qualities that build our character. Pray for these three qualities, that God would grow them within you, and pray specifically about any particular situations where you need the wisdom to seek whether you should accept or change your approach to it.The serenity prayer expresses the truth that life can be a struggle, and seeks God's help with this, one day at a time.

1 comment:

x said...

Hello great Blog!

Mine is: http://whatsgoingontodayworld.blogspot.com/

Good 24