Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Have Faith - By Getting Faith

I came across this passage that you may find useful today and for tomorrow. Especially since my post early this morning. It comes from the great physician Paracelsus. Paracelsus was a famous physician in the 16th century.

"The human spirit is so great a thing that no man can express it; could we rightly comprehend the mind of man, nothing wold be impossible to us upon the earth. Through faith, the imagination is invigorated and completed, for it really happens that every doubt mars its perfection. Faith must strengthen the imagination, for faith establishes the will. Faith must strengthen the imagination, for faith establishes the will."

My interpretation: Faith is personal. Faith is belief, and confidence. Faith has a positive connotation. Especially if you substitute his word, "imagination" for "mind" or "thinking." But belief in something negative or disastrous, can undermine all we do. This is doubt. Faith and doubt - two opposite sides of the spectrum or continuum.


And this from something published years ago;

"Faith comes from finding one's self."

Truer words were never spoken. This morning this filled me with peace, in that I can control my mind and what I think about in order to get peace.

No comments: