Random Thoughts are being posted here today. I decided a while ago that sometimes statements without explanation may be a good way to get and achieve serenity.
Here are some random thoughts and statements I have pulled from one of the books I am reading - that I believe can be aligned to Step 1 - Being Powerless and Unmanageable.
Here they are;
- Don't minimize preparation or the importance of believing in your abilities. Lack of faith in yourself, manifested by the inclination to minimize your abilities, accounts for the difference between capability and performance.
- By relaxing and controlling nothing but yourself, you can deal with the most complex situations.
- Problems arise when you seek specific results by trying to control and manipulate others.
- Thoughts precede events. In fact, events are panted in advance in thoughts.
- Explaining circumstances as results of your own thoughts, rather than saying they are due to fate or outside forces, reduces dependency and gives you options to change your life.
- To overcome difficulties, you need only concentrate in what you have done that may have brought about specific events.
- Only effort will increase your strength and awareness of your potential. In time, you may realize that your impact on the world often derives not from what you do but from what you don't do.
- You maximize your capacity to influence the world around you by gaining awareness and control of your automatic responses to the demands of others.. By delaying your responses, you can consciously decide how you will act. Action, not reaction, becomes the secret of success.
- Concentrate on the resources you have, not on what you don't have or lack, in order to develop your potential and talents.
- Learn to trust your intuition and follow you hunches.
- Only you hold and have the answer to the meaning of your life. You need not seek solutions from others in matters where you and only you may have the answer.
- Don't assume others have better qualifications to determine your objectives.
- Study and preparation helps you by making you more aware of what is happening and how you are consciously and unconsciously perceive the world.
Have a great day and peace to you today.