Sunday, January 25, 2009

Accepting

Accepting where you are right now.

Accepting to me used to mean - giving up, giving in, or saying, "What's the use?"

Accepting means to me today, I am happy and satisfied with what I am, what I have and living now in the present. What a change. A word that had such a negative connotation to being a word that is positive and fulfilling.

If I can accept - and not crave or desire for what ought to be, I am a much happier person. I don't compare, judge, evaluate, or wish for something different.

Just for Today: Try to accept where you are, what you have and not wish for something to be different. Even better, try not wishing for someone else to be different.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love what I heard somewhere. The richest person isn't the one who has the most but the person who needs the least. Acceptance has helped me to see that for today, I have all that I need and alot of my wants. Good topic!

Namaste