So, my affirmations are starting again. I used to focus on the goal - ALL the time. That made me future oriented. I never lived in the present. I spent my time thinking and planning for the future. I would even be on the beach thinking about when I got back from vacation - about work - or thinking about what we would do later that night.
Concentrate on the Effort
- I concentrate on the effort in order to change my present circumstances.
- I focus on efforts rather than results (don't cringe here corporate America).
- I know our culture focuses on the results.
- I know only true freedom comes from me calling the shots.
- I know success is fleeting and success is never guaranteed.
- I can count on my ability - however - to withstand things, no matter what the outcome.
- I have developed the ability to roll with the punches, to laugh at myself, to approach winning and losing philosophically rather than as life and death.
Take care and see you soon